- Discretion is an attribute of few modern women or men - and they go into high paid jobs: politics, judiciary, big business, etc. or simply suffer in silence.
- If you know your job, you work in parallel;
If you don't know what to do, you work in series.
- The most important attribute of Life is to overcome its own disintegration.
- You cannot always revisit an error.
- Doubt before belief - Question before conviction.
- You cannot know the way you have not walked.
- There is no such thing as justice, only justification.
- You cannot touch the heart of a man to make him succeed in a situation where others will fail. He has it within him. (SADF Special Forces Training officer on TV 30/1/99)
- "Ons kan saam sing, maar ons kan nie saam praat nie." Joseph Skosana, 2009
("We can sing together, but we cannot talk together")
- He who hides his incompetence behind aggression has no friends - only frightened children.
- If I can't eat you, I'll compete with you.
- "Trust everyone! Just don't trust the devil inside them." Donald Sutherland - The Italian Job.
- If things are not predictable, you do not understand the process
- It is easy to command a ship in calm waters.
- War drives technology - technology drives war.
- Godsdiens is daar om kinders mee bang te maak en ou mense te troos.
(Religion serves only to frighten children with, and to comfort the aged.)
- Animation is irritating to the mind - unless it imitates sex or eating.
- Daar is meer aan die lewe as die ritmiese bewe wat na skepping strewe....
(Ja, ek weet, Mev Dr.... eet en slaap ook.) Directly translated: There are more to life than the rhythmic trembling seeking to procreate.
( Yes, Mrs Dr, eating and sleeping also.)
- Give a man bread and he'll live, but give him something to read, and he might get a life.